Thursday, November 16, 2006

Work Life

Increasingly, they're giving more tasks for me to handle. I'm more than thrilled - finally I can be useful to the team!

Frankly, this isn't the sort of job I ever imagined myself doing. It is pretty desk-bound. It involves quite a bit of documentation and other administrative responsibilities. (I have newfound respect for secretaries and accountants, i.e. my mother.) I do get to do a fair bit of creative writing of course but mostly, the environment is far more structured than anywhere I've ever worked in. (hm.. guess that's only the newsroom)

Surprisingly I like the job so far. I enjoy being able to leave the office at 6pm sharp every day. I enjoy the knowledge that no one is going to make me do last-minute jobs 10 minutes before I am prepared to knock off. I enjoy writing without worrying that my pieces will be filtered down layers of editors, resulting in a write-up that is unrecognisably my own.

I know I am right in leaving journalism behind though I remain open to suitable opportunities in future.

The only thing I miss though is photography. Much as I whined endlessly about APJ assignments, I liked going through the exposed frames, wrecking my brain over what I did right, what I did wrong and how I could make it better for my next assignment.

Alrighty, it's 6pm now. Hope to be able to post up some new pictures soon! Till then!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home