Sunday, March 27, 2005

sick in the stomach

This must be the worst day of my life.

First I woke up to see a message by a certain photographer who was riled up by something written in my article which he says is totally untrue. I got worried. What did the subs do to my piece?

From "The couple was a picture of bliss as the camera flashes went off", it became "The couple was a picture of happiness as they posed for photo after photo."

They actually only had the chance to pose for a family portrait once.. for about 5 minutes while 2 dozen cameramen snapped away. So not much of a problem here, just some exaggeration, it happens all the time.

Then da bomb.

I realised I got the Chinese name of the Queen's baby wrong and it was nobody's fault but my own.

I did not check my notebook and that was why I put down what I remembered in my head.

I messaged my editor and called her a couple of times but she did not pick up. I hope she doesn't ignore me for the rest of the weekend because that would be absolute hell!

I feel totally sick in all senses. I just want to crawl under a rock or maybe drop a shoe onto the MRT platform then go pick it up.

I am the worst worst worst reporter in the whole wide world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home