Sunday, April 17, 2005

pondering

Finally the off days are here again but feeling a little jittery, worrying about Tuesday when I have to update the bosses of my two stories. Wonder if they will be displeased with my progress or lack thereof.

I have learnt a ton of things from this internship though it is not exactly a playground for me. It sucks having to worry about this and that all the time. Debrief sessions are the worst when you see the expression on the editor's face rise/fall when you update them on your findings.

I was briefly cheered up when Renee announced a few days ago that there are only 9 weeks left to the internship. We've actually survived 17 weeks! Quite a feat really.

If you think that I don't like what I'm doing now, you're quite right.

Seeing my name in the papers, I realise, doesn't give me as much satisfaction as I imagined. I mean so what? One week later, the articles you write can well be wrapping somebody's salted fish without them being read.

My interests lie elsewhere and I know what they are but I also realise it takes courage to go after the things you love and forgo the cushy life that another job can provide you, not to mention having to keep your parents happy at the same time.

Too many times, we get distracted by the material things and don't realise that all the bling blings are not going to make you very happy really. (I do that quite a lot.)

So how? Beats me.

Anyway on a lighter note, Elvia's birthday is coming! She's going to be three on Wednesday and her parents are going to get the Mac's people to go down to her class to celebrate for her. Can imagine how much fun she's going to have! Does everyone remember how birthday celebrations at fastfood restaurants are like? The party hats, the super-hyper restaurant staff, the silly games, the colourful Ronald erasers, Colonel Sanders pencils...... *guffaws*

Now I have to think about what present I want to get her, a task I will never complain about.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Above: My mom and Elvia in Nov last year. Don't they look alike?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home