Saturday, May 13, 2006

Warm and fuzzy

So today 17 of us headed to Merchant's Walk to have lunch. After the stomach-splitting 2-hour Chinese buffet, we headed to a budget apparel store called A.J. Wright and did the usual girly shopping.

On my way to the cashier, I ran into a black man in his 30s. He was big and burly with some serious macho stubble and he was holding a tee-shirt and a bright blue capris. The clothes looked like they could fit a 12-year-old.

He stopped me in my tracks and asked, "What do you think of this?" He was holding the clothes up for me to see. He looked and sounded unsure of himself.

"They go together really well I think," I answered with a smile.

He looked unconvinced though and continued walking around the store, looking as lost as a goldfish in a new glass bowl.

After sometime, he eventually decided to buy those clothes anyway and I could not help feeling touched. I did not know who the clothes were for but I knew that he was buying the clothes for someone important to him.

Perhaps a part of me wished that I had someone did that for me when I was younger but it never fails to melt me when I see a man display his tender side of his personality.

:-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yoz babe.. glad you are having fun!! take care and try to blog if possible, k? hehe..

-yingzhen

12:01 AM, May 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Wizard of Oz Checks

7:23 AM, June 06, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home