Friday, July 15, 2005

unbelievably horrid

Just found out that a senior of mine, M, was just metres away from the double-decker bus at Tavistock Place when it exploded last week. In the mayhem, the confusion, the terror, all she wanted was for someone to go fetch her from the devastated scene because she was all alone and afraid. She had two close friends staying in the area. BUT both guys did not want to go fetch her even when the situation had more or less subsided and she implored them to do so. One even said "If you die, you die lor. I won't feel guilty."

WTF. These bastards should go to hell. Holed up in their comfy apartment, they did not want to step out to help a girl who has cared for them, listened to their woes in the wee hours and treated them as true friends over the years. Freakin selfish cowards.

Here's an exerpt from the blog of one of the bastards who unfortunately also happens to be my senior in secondary school. He wrote this in response to what's happened:

"I have never believed in entitlement. Friends are friends because you enjoy one another's company, not because they are able to help you on one way or another. That is my simple defination of friends. To each his own. If one is unable to take care of one's own needs, who will? As I've said to Miss Q once, I do enjoy their company, but when I'm in UK, I wouldn't really think of them. No excuses, no embaressment. That is exactly what was happening and that was how I expressed myself. I believe that love, friends or otherwise is limited. Perhaps I don't love my friends that much, but it's not my fault that this is so! It's no one's fault. It's just the way it is. Harsh but true.With a limited love, there is a limit to the things that we are willing/able to do for our friends. We live for ourselves, we fight for ourselves. If there happens to be a friend who loves me enough to lend me a helping hand, great. If not, there really is nothing wrong. "

This is the kind of person whom no one will shed a tear for at his funeral.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg.... i don't know what to say.. but i just feel there's so much i want to say in response to this... i'm glad i don't have friends like them.....

~yz..

11:02 PM, July 17, 2005  
Blogger mei said...

yes tell me abt it.. i'm v shocked that there r ppl like that..but from this ordeal, she managed to learn some important truths so it wasn't a total disaster.

4:17 PM, July 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home