Monday, July 25, 2005

I give up trying to sleep. Not that I made much of an effort to rest. After finishing Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince, my mind is absolutely whirling.

How could JKR kill off Dumbledore? He is what the yoda is to Star Wars. The wise one. The one who looks at the big picture sooner than everyone else. The one with the greatest powers on the good side. Maybe she was trying to make the series more unpredictable now, what with Potter announcing that he's going to leave Hogwarts next year to embark on his journey of quelling Voldemort. *gasp* I meant He-who-must-not-be-named. I don't know how she's going to weasel out of this twist she put in, though I know for sure Potter will never be left alone to fight the monster. He's neither skilled nor experienced enough. I see the members of the Order and the D.A giving him LOADS of help if the story is to continue convincingly. But the most important thing is, if Potter really leaves school, the element of fun is gone in my humble opinion. The funny parts of the books almost all happen in their classes, in their getting into trouble with teachers, etc. I sure hope the series will continue to have some of those comical elements in it no matter how the plot develops.

Ah.. just abt 1.5 hr before I have to "wake up" and prepare for school. I hope it won't be too heavy yet. I don't want to fall asleep in class on the 1st day!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*clutches hair*

mei you should have wrote SPOILER AHEAD =(

now i knooow who died and poor carm was trying to keep it from me the other day when i bugged her about it

10:07 PM, July 26, 2005  
Blogger mei said...

omg my apologies!!! hahaha i thought everyone knew abt it already! but anyway ya, it was damn saddening when he died!! but then u dunno who killed him right so not a complete spoiler.. *guffaws*

11:23 PM, July 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha someone KILLED him?? he didn't die by accident?

okok shhh don't tell me anything more

11:50 PM, July 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home